This article will review the content area for pages as well as adding and managing content tools for a page.
Before adding/managing page content, you will need to navigate to the page sub-category where the page is located. View the Page Categories article and Page Settings article to learn more about page categories and sub-categories.
Select the Edit Content to add/manage the content for a page.
Page Content Settings
- Page Title
- Breadcrumbs showing where you are in the page categories.
- Page categories dropdown allows quick access to switch between page categories.
- Back to Sub-category Name: Navigate back to the page subcategory. View the Page Categories article to learn more about page categories and sub-categories.
- Copy From Template: Copy content from the Templates Library to the current page.
- Copy Content To Template: Copy content from the current page to the Templates Library.
- Edit Page Settings: Edit any of the page settings. View the Page Settings article to learn more about page settings.
Main Body & Sidebar Content
- Add Tool: Add a content tool to the page in the location where this button is selected. Tools can be added to the top of the page, in between existing tools, and to the bottom of the page. See the Add Content Tool section below for more information.
- At the top of the tool order, tool name, tool heading (if added), tool id, and visibility status will display.
- Tool Options: There are some display functions that will be available for all tools. See the Tool Options section below for more information on how the tools will display on the page.
- Tool Actions: The tool actions available will be unique for each tool. See the article for the specific tool to learn more about the available actions.
Add Content Tool
Select the Add Main Body Tool or Add Sidebar Tool button in the area where you would like to add a new content tool.
- Order: Shows the order of the tool on the page.
- Tool: Use the dropdown box to select which tool you would like to add to the page.
Note that the Text/Graphic Editor tool will be selected by default.
- Close: Close the window without adding a tool to the page.
- Add Tool: Add the tool to the page.
- Tool position on the page, content tool, and the tool heading displays at the top of the tool.
- ID: Displays the ID for the tool. Each tool will have a unique ID.
- Status: Display the Visible/Hidden status of the tool.
- Tool Settings: Select the Settings icon () at the top right of the tool to edit the tool settings. See the Tool Settings section below for more information about tool settings.
- Tool Actions: Displays the available actions for the tool. Learn more about tool actions for content tools by reviewing the article specific to the content tool.
- Tool Content: Expand this area to see the content that will display for the tool. Learn more about tool content for content tools by reviewing the article specific to the content tool.
- Order: Change the order of the tool on the page. See the Order Tool section below for more information about changing the order of the tool.
- Move: Move the tool to a different page. See the Move Tool section below for more information about changing the order of the tool.
- Preview: Preview the tool on the page.
- Delete: Delete the tool from the page.
Note that deleting the tool permanently deletes the content.
- Last Modified: Displays the date, time, and user that last modified the tool.
Select the Settings icon () at the top right of the tool to edit the tool settings.
- Tool Heading: Add a heading to the tool. This field can be left blank for the Main Body, but it is recommended to always have this filled out for the Right Side as it displays as an H3 (Paragraph Heading 3).
- Visibility Status: Visible tools will show on the page, and Hidden tools will not show on the page.
- Schedule A Status Change: Schedule a status change (visible/hidden) for the tool. The visibility status change will occur automatically on the chosen date at 4:00 AM CST.
- Status at Date of Change: Set the date of the change.
- Notification Email Addresses: Enter the email addresses of users to be notified after the status change occurs.
Note that your email address will automatically be populated in the field and you can add additional email addresses separated by a comma.
- Close: Close the window without making any changes.
- Save Changes: Saves your changes and closes the window.
After selecting to change the order of the tool on the page, use the Place Tool After dropdown to select where you would like the tool to be ordered on the page.
Select Set Order to change the tool order.
After selecting to move the order of the tool, the Move Tool to Another Page screen will open where you can select where you would like to move the tool.
- Displays the current location of the tool.
- New Sub-Category: Select which page sub-category you would like to move the tool to.
- New Page: Select which page in the sub-category that you would like to move the tool to.
Note that the tool will always be added as the last tool on the page.
Select Move Tool to move the tool to the selected page.