Banners area on your interior pages between your website header and content that can contain an image. The Banner Library is used to store and manage all the banner graphics that you will be using on your website.
- Add Banner: Add a banner to the Banner Library. See the Add Banner section below for more information about adding banners to your Banner Library.
- Show # Entries: By default, 10 banners will display on each page. You can update this to display 10, 25, 50, or 100 banners per page.
- Search: Use the search area to search for a banner.
- Title: Displays the title of the banner. Note that the title will be used as Alt Text (for accessibility) so it should be descriptive of the image. This area will also display tags that indicate if the banner is set to "Random" or "Slideshow". See the Add Banner section below for more information about banner settings.
- Image: Displays a thumbnail of the banner image.
- Page Category: Displays the page category that the image is associated with. Note that this is used for Random and Slideshow banners. See the Add Banner section below for more information about banner settings.
- Usage: Indicates how many district interior pages and staff pages that the banner is currently displaying on.
- Apply Banner to Page Category: Allows you to apply the banner to display on all pages within the page category. See the Apple Banner to Page Category section below for more information.
- Edit Banner: Allow you to edit your banner's settings. See the Add Banner section below for more information about banner settings.
- Delete Banner: Allows you to delete the existing banner. When deleting a banner image, you will be able to update all images with this banner to display a different banner from the banner library. See the Delete Banner section below for more information about deleting banners.
In the Banners table, you can sort by columns by selecting the header. The sort arrows () indicate which columns you can use to sort information.
Use the previous, next, and page options at the bottom of the tables to navigate through the pages of banner images.
- Title: Add the title of the banner. Note that the title will be used when selecting to add the banner to the page as well as for Alt Text (for accessibility) so it should be descriptive of the image.
- Image: Select to browse to an image on your device or drag and drop an image file to upload. Accepted file types are .jpg, .gif, or .png. Images that are wider than 1800 pixels will be scaled down accordingly.
- Crop Image: After uploading the image, you can crop the image if desired.
Note the banner dimensions will be specific for your website design. If you aren't sure of the dimension that should be used for your banner images, navigate to your Design Specifications to determine the banner image size for your Premium Theme or Essential Series website design. If you have a Custome Design, please submit a ticket or reach out to email@example.com to request a copy of your design specifications.
- Default Banner: A banner selected as default will be added to any new page by default. You will be able to adjust which banner is displaying as needed.
- Random Banner: A banner selected as random will be able to show on pages set to Random or Random for a Page Category.
- Slideshow Banner: A banner selected as slideshow will be able to show on pages set to slideshow or slideshow from a Page Category.
- Page Category: If setting the banner to random or slideshow, select the page category that the banner image is associated with.
See the Page Settings article Banner section to learn more about adding a banner to an individual page.
Apple Banner to Page Category
In the Actions dropdown, select Apple to Page Category for the desired banner.
Use the checkboxes to select which main sub-categories and which staff groups (staff sites) that you would like the banner to be applied to.
For Staff Groups, you can select to Only Apply to Staff Pages without Banner. This option will only apply the banner to staff pages that do not currently have a banner set. If unselected, it will override the current banner on a page.
Select Apply Banner to add the banner to the selected pages.
In the Actions dropdown, select Delete for your desired banner.
- The name of the banner
- How may main site pages the banner is currently displayed on.
- How may staff site pages the banner is currently displayed on.
- Replacement Banner: Use the dropdown to select a replacement image to be added to the pages where this banner is currently displaying. If this is set to No Banner, after the banner image is deleted, these pages will no longer have a banner image displaying.
- View Replacement Banner: This will open the replacement banner in a new window allowing you to review that you have selected the correct replacement banner.
- Displays the banner image that is going to be deleted.
Select Delete Banner to delete the banner from the selected pages and the Banner Library.