The File Library is used to upload and hold files that you would like to display on your website, but they can't be added through a page tool such as the Text/Graphic Editor tool, Right Side Text/Graphic tool, Expand/Collapse Content tool, etc.
Please note that while it is possible to upload and link to video files from the File Library, it is not recommended. See the Videos Library article for more information about uploading videos to display them on your site.
The file types that can be uploaded to your Files Library area is controlled in the 4Schools > Allowed File Types. See the Allowed File Types article for more information about controlling which type of files can be added to your Files Library.
- Add Folder: Add a folder to your file library. See the Add Folder section below for more information.
- Add File: Add a file to your file library. See the Add File section below for more information.
- Delete This Folder: Delete the folder where you are currently located. Note that this option will only appear if there are no files in the folder. All files will need to be moved or deleted before a folder can be deleted.
- Back One Folder: Navigate back one folder in your folder structure.
Folders & Files
- Location: Displays the domain where the file will be added. This example shows the "district" folder.
- Show # Entries: By default, 10 folders will display on each page. You can update this to display 10, 25, 50, or 100 folders per page.
- Search: Use the search area to search for a folder.
- Folder Name: Displays the name of the folder. Note that the folder name will be part of the URL for any file added to the folder.
- Date Last Modified: Date the folder was last modified.
- Move: Select the move the folder to another location within the File Library. See the Move Folder/File section below for more information.
- Delete: Select the delete folder icon to delete the folder. In the "Are you sure you want to delete this Folder?" prompt select OK to delete the folder. Note that this option will only appear if there are no files in the folder. All files will need to be moved or deleted before a folder can be deleted.
- Show # Entries: By default, 10 files will display on each page. You can update this to display 10, 25, 50, or 100 files per page.
- Search: Use the search area to search for a file.
- File Type: Displays the type of file. In this example, .jpg files have been added to the File Library.
- File Name: Displays the name of the file. Selecting the file name will open the (with the full URL) in a new window.
- File Size: Displays the size of the file.
- Date Uploaded: Displays the date that the file was added to the File Library.
- Move: Select the move the file to another location within the File Library. See the Move Folder/File section below for more information.
- Delete: Select the delete file icon to delete the file. In the "Are you sure you want to delete this File?" prompt select OK to delete the file. Note that if there are any links to this file on your site, they will be broken after deleting the file from your File Library.
In the folder and file table, you can sort by columns by selecting the header. The sort arrows () indicate which columns you can use to sort information.
Use the previous, next, and page options at the bottom of the tables to navigate through the pages of folders and files.
After selecting the Add Folder action, add the name of the new folder. Select Create Folder to create the new folder.
Navigate to the folder where you would like to add the new file. After selecting the Add File action, select the Choose File option to select a file from your device. Select Add to add the file to your File Library in the selected location.
Toggle the Move option and then select which folder to move your files and/or folders into at the bottom of this screen.