Within the Calendar Admin, each event is required to be assigned to a category. When adding calendar tools to pages, you can select which categories will display on each page.
In the Calendar Module, select Categories to open the Event Categories page.
- Add Category: Select to add a new calendar category. See the Add Category section below for more information.
- Back to Calendar: Return to the Calendar Module.
- Show # Entries: By default, 10 event categories will display on each page. You can update this to display 10, 25, 50, or 100 categories per page.
- Search: Use the search area to search for an event category.
- Title: Displays the event category title. Also displays the custom color for the category if set.
- Integration: Indicates if the event category is integrated with rSchoolToday or Google Calendar events.
- Number of Events: Displays the number of events in the category.
- Actions: Select to update or delete event category or to import events into the category. See the Import Events article for more information about importing events.
Note that deleting an event category will delete the category and all events that are attached to it.
Use the previous, next, and page options to navigate through the pages of event categories.
In the event category table, you can sort by columns by selecting the header. The sort arrows () indicate which columns you can use to sort information.
- Title: Add the title for the new category.
- Custom Category Color: Set a custom display color for events in this category.
Note we recommend checking the color for contrast of the custom color against the colors used in your website calendar on your site to ensure that the color meets the WCAG 2.0 level AA contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1 for normal text.
- Allow staff or members to subscribe to this category: Toggle this option on to allow staff to subscribe to receive a Weekly Email with upcoming events.
- Allow staff to use this event category on their staff site: Toggle this option on to allow staff to display events in this category on their staff site.
- Integrate with rSchoolToday: Select which rSchoolToday calendar events you would like to display in the calendar category. See the rSchoolToday Calendar Integration article for more information about setting up rSchoolToday Calendar integration.
- Integrate with Google Calendar: Select which Google Calendar events you would like to display in the calendar category. See the Google Calendar Integration article for more information about setting up rSchoolToday Calendar integration.