The Interactive Forms tool is a Main Body tool that allows you to build and maintain online forms such as questionnaires, surveys, polls, etc. All responses will be saved within the tool. This tool also includes summary reporting tools as well as downloading capabilities.
View the Page Content article to learn more about adding a tool and general tool settings.
- Add Form Item: Add a new item to the form.
- Edit Properties: Select to open the Form Properties screen to update any properties for the form.
Add Form Item
There are six different types of items that can be added to an Interactive Form. Each type of item has the option for a rich-text label. All of the item types except Text can be marked as "Required" which will add an asterisk (*) before the item's label and ensure that the user selects/enters a response for that field.
- Text: Used as a label or to provide additional information to the user.
- Text Box: Allows the user to enter a single line of text. This is useful for things like names, email addresses, and other 1-2 word responses. An admin can control how wide the Text Box is.
- Text Area: Allows the user to enter multiple lines of text. This is useful for things like descriptions, explanations, addresses, and other responses that are a sentence or more in length. An admin can control how wide and tall the Text Area is.
- Radio Buttons: Allows the user to select 0 or 1 items from a set of options, or exactly one option if the field is set to "Required".
- Checkboxes: Allows the user to select multiple items from a set of options. An admin can control the minimum number of options the user is required to select.
- Dropdown / List Box: Presents the user with a list of options that they can select from. An admin can control whether the user is able to select multiple items, or only one.
There are a number of options that affect the entire form and how it is submitted.
- Form Title: This is a unique name that you wish to give to this form.
- Number Each Item: Used to number each question.
- CAPTCHA Protection: We recommend you to use this feature as it protects the form from being submitted by web crawlers or other automated devices.
- Collect User's Email: Require the user to enter his/her email address. If checked, this data will be captured into a database and will be used as a Reply-To email address if notification emails are being sent. Also, this will send a confirmation email to the user after the form is submitted.
- Allow One Submission Per Member: The page must be set up with User Side Security to utilize this feature.
- Summarize Results: Summarize checkbox, radio, and drop down/list box percentages.
- Redirect URL: If desired, you can send the user to a different page after the I-Form has been submitted by entering a URL in this field.
- Notification Subject Line: This can be used to set a subject for the email to help easily identify submissions for this form.
- Send Email Notification to User: Notifies the user via email that their form has successfully been submitted. This only applies if Collect User's Email has been checked.
- HTML Email Notification Email Address(es): The submitted I-Form information will be sent to these emails as an HTML formatted email. Multiple email addresses can be entered separated with a comma.
- Text-Only Email Notification Email Address(es): The submitted I-Form information will be sent to these emails as an plain-text email. Multiple email addresses can be entered separated with a comma.
- Item Title: Displays the title of each item.
- Type: Displays the item type.
- Add Item Before: Add a new item to the form before the selected item.
- Up: Move the selected item Up in the form.
- Down: Move the selected item Down in the form.
- Edit: Update the selected item. The label, options, and settings can be updated, but the type of item cannot be changed.
- Delete: Delete the selected item and its associated content.
Submitted Forms allows an admin to view and download everything that has been submitted to this form.
- Created Date Range:
- Begin: Specifies the starting date of the search.
- End: Specifies the ending date of the search.
- Output Type:
- Search: Displays the result of the search on the webpage.
- Download Data: Downloads the result of the search as a .csv file.
- Search Options: These only apply to the Search output type.
- View List of All Surveys: A table of all of the forms that were submitted between the Begin date and End date.. This will list the submission date and has an option to drill-down or delete individual submissions.
- Summarize checkbox, radio, and drop down/list box questions: Shows the percentage of users that selected each option from the checkbox, radio button, or list box items. This is useful for tabulating the result of a survey.
- View All Answers Per Questions: Shows a list of every response to specific fields/questions.