This article will go through adding a page to your site and the different settings for pages.
Before adding a page, you will need to navigate to the page sub-category where you would like to add the new page. View the Page Categories article to learn more about page categories and sub-categories.
In the page category, select to Add Page under actions.
- The breadcrumbs show where you are adding the page.
- You can select which page settings you would like to view at the top of the page. Use the Toggle All Settings option to turn on/off all settings.
These are the only settings that are required to add a page to your site. All other settings are optional.
- Navigation Title: The navigation title appears in the menus and navigation tools on the site.
- Page Title: The page title appears directly on the page as the highest level heading.
The page title will be automatically populated with the Navigation Title. You can update this to be different (ex more descriptive) if you would like.
- File Name: The file name appears as part of the URL for the page.
- Sub-Category: This field will populate with the sub-category that you selected to add a page in. You can update this dropdown to move the page to a different sub-category.
- Shows in Navigation after: Use the drop-down to select where in the navigation this page will appear.
- Navigation Level: Select the desired navigation level. Level 1 links are the main pages. Level 2 and 3 links are sub-pages for Level 1 and Level 2 pages respectively.
- Publication Status: Published pages are able to be viewed and searched while unpublished pages are not able to be viewed by any end users or search crawlers.
Use the Schedule A Status Change button to schedule the page to be published/unpublished on a certain date.
- Visibility Status: Visible pages will show in the navigation while hidden pages will not show in the navigation.
Use the Schedule A Status Change button to schedule the page to be visible/hidden on a certain date.
Select an existing banner graphic:
- Banners set as random: Any banner that is set as random could display when the page loads.
- Banners set as random and this category: Any banner that is set as random AND set to the page category the page is located in could display when the page loads.
- Banners set as slideshow: Any banner that is set as slideshow will display in a slideshow for the page.
- Banners set as slideshow and this category: Any banner that is set as slideshow AND set to the page category the page is located in will display in a slideshow for the page.
- Select any of the banners from your Banner Library to display as the banner image. The titles of all of your banners will be listed under the Library option in the dropdown.
If you select to create a new banner, you will need to enter a title for the banner and upload the banner image. After the page is created, the image will be added to the Banners Library.
See the Banners Library article to learn more about creating/managing banner images.
- Inside Navigation: You can override the global setting to show/hide the left navigation on the page.
- Modification Date: Display system date of last page modification at the bottom of the page. For each page, you can override the system date to force the indicated date to display on the page instead of the system generated date. Note that you must allow the last modified date in your Settings to utilize this feature. See the Settings article to learn more about your settings utility.
- Title Tag Override: The title tag appears in your browser tab and is used by search engines for the clickable title of the page. If left empty, this will default to the page title and your organization name.
- Meta Keywords: Keywords are the words or phrases search engines may use to connect users to your content. Separate each keyword or phrase with a comma. Please note that some search engines no longer use meta keywords in web search ranking.
- Meta Description: Meta description provides a brief summary of the content of this page, which some search engines use in search results. Keep this to 1-2 sentences, ideally under 160 characters.
- Robots Meta Directive: Index tells the search engines if they should index the page to show your page in search results. Follow tells the engines if they should follow links to the next page. The default value when creating a page is index,follow.
- index,follow: Search engines index the page and follow links.
- index,nofollow: Prevent search engines from following links.
- noindex,follow: Prevent search engines from indexing the page.
- noindex,nofollow: Prevents search engines from indexing the page and following links.
- Head Tag Includes: Head tag includes will appear in the <head> tag of the site.
Turn User Side Security on/off for a page. User Side Security can be applied to a specific page or pages to require a user to log in before accessing the page(s) with the following four options:
- Allow all individuals in the Members Database to have access to this page
- Allow only selected groups in the Members Database to have access to this page
- Allow all individuals in the Users Database to have access to this page
- Allow only selected groups in the Users Database to have access to this page
The Users Database is typically all individuals who have access to your website, i.e. faculty, staff, administrators.
The Members Module is a module that allows you to keep track of contact information for individuals without accounts in your Users Database. It can be used for Alumni, School Board Members, Parents, Students to name just a few.
Note: User Side Security allows you to restrict access to the page and protect HTML content on those pages, but it does not restrict access to URLs that are linked from that page. This means that if there is a resource (such as a PDF) linked on that restricted page, someone can copy/paste or Bookmark that URL and share the URL without any restrictions. If you're looking for secure access to documents, you may want to consider our WebOffice4Schools product which is a secure intranet with form routing.
Select Add Page at the bottom of the screen to add/create the page.
Edit Page Settings
After the page is created, you can select the Settings button to make changes to any of the page settings.