All Events are organized within the Calendar Module and can be displayed on any page using the Calendar of Events tool, Mini Calendar tool, and/or Upcoming Events tool. The Building Use Calendar tool will allow you to display all events that are associated with a facility. The Request Building Usage tool will allow visitors to request building use which when approved are added to the Calendar Module.
- Categories: Categories are used to organize events. You control which events are displayed on a page’s calendar tool by selecting which categories to display within the tool. Before adding events, you will first want to add/manage your calendar categories. See the Calendar: Categories article to learn more about managing categories within the Calendar Module.
- Facilities: When adding an event, you are able to associate the event will a facility or multiple facilities. See the Calendar: Facilities article to learn more about managing facilities within the Calendar Module.
- Locations: When adding an event, you are able to associate the event will a location. See the Calendar: Locations article to learn more about managing locations with the Calendar Module.
- Import Events: See the Calendar: Import Events article to learn more about importing events into the Calendar Module.
- Weekly Email Settings: See the Calendar: Weekly Email article to learn more about setting up the weekly email from the Calendar Module.
- Timezone: Selecting the appropriate timezone for your account is important for those users who choose to utilize the iCal feature within the Calendar of Events tool. It will ensure that the dates and times represented in your calendar are for your local timezone. The iCal format allows users to plug your web site calendar(s) into any product that supports the iCal format. This page will show you your current settings and allow you to select the appropriate region and time zone for your organization.
- rSchoolToday: See the rSchoolToday Calendar Integration article to learn more about setting up and managing events from rSchoolToday calendar(s).
- Google Calendar: See the Google Calendar Integration article to learn more about setting up and managing events from Google Calendar(s).
- Event Category: By default, All Categories will be selected. With this selection. all events will display. You can use the dropdown to select to view events in a specific category.
- Select the arrows to navigate to previous and future months/weeks/days. Select the "today" option to go back to today.
- Use the month, week, and day selections to change the view in which the events display.
- The calendar will display the events for the event category and view selected.
- Select the day to add a new event. See the Add Event section below for more information about adding events.
- You can select an event to update the event details or delete the event.
Note: Integrated events are displayed on the Calendar Module but must be updated at the source calendar. Integrated events are read-only within the Calendar Module.
Select the date that you would like to add a new event to open the add event page.
- Event Title: This is the text that will appear on the calendar describing the event. It is recommended that you enter an Event Title. If left blank, the event description will appear as the title.
- Event Category: Choose the category that the event will display in. A category is required for all events as events will be organized and displayed on your site based on their associated category. It is recommended to set up your categories before adding events to your Calendar Module. See the Calendar: Categories article for more information about calendar categories.
- Event Date: The date will pre-populate based on the date selected from the calendar admin when adding the event, but you may enter a different date if desired.
- Event Time: If desired, enter a start and end time for the event.
- Event Repetition: If desired, you can set the event to repeat daily, weekly, monthly, or set specific dates to have the event repeat. When an event is set to repeat, the recurring events will be linked.
- Date Description: This field will override the event date to display custom text. For example, if the event was postponed/rescheduled, you may want to enter the new date and the information that was postponed from. Ex: September 24, 2020 (Rescheduled from 09/21/20)
- Event Description: Use this field to provide further clarification for an event. See the Text Editor & Formatting Content article for more information about copying/pasting and formatting text within the text editor.
- File Attachments: Documents that provide additional event information may be attached to this event. The File Title will display as a link to the file within the event details.
You can select the Add Another Attachment button if you need to add an additional file to the event.
- Link Attachments: URLs/links may be attached to this event. The Link Title will display as a link to the specified URL within the event details.
You can select the Add Another Link button if you need to add an additional URL/link to the event.
If "Yes, a facility is required" is selected, you can attach multiple facilities to the event. For each facility, provide the following information.
- Facility: Select the desired facility. Note that this list is populated from your Calendar Facilities.
- Facility Notes: Add any notes related to the Facility Use. For example, if there are resources that need to be set-up or takedown for the event.
- Begin Time: The time the event will begin using the facility.
- End Time: The time the event will end using the facility.
- Location: Select the location that is associated with the event. Note that this list is populated from your Calendar Locations.
- Extra Location Text: This text area could be used to enter written directions to an event or to include specific location information, For example, please enter through the main entrance or north side gym doors.
Note that if the location has an address, uses will be able to "map to" the location so written instructions may not be needed in this area.
When all the desired information has been entered, select the Add Event button at the bottom of the page. The event will populate on the Calendar Module.
If allowing users to RSVP through the event, enter the email addresses that should receive the email notifications about visitors RSVPing to the event.