Staff groups allow you to organize staff in the Faculty List From Faculty Database tool. Within this tool, you will be able to select groups of staff to display on the page. If the search option is selected, visitors will be able to filter by staff groups.
Note that 4Schools Groups provide a way to mass email passwords and to edit WebOffice4Schools permissions to the group.
- Groups: Manage the staff groups that can be selected in the Faculty List From Faculty Database tool and display in the search filter for the tool.
- Universal Text: Add text that will display at the bottom of each staff site home page.
- Universal Links: Add links that will display at the end of the navigation on each staff site.
- Users Database: Navigate to the 4Schools Users Database to manage user accounts.
- Protect Email in Profiles: When a faculty member's email address is displayed in their profile on their home page, you can protect that email address from spammers and email harvesting by turning this option on.
- Use Email Form in Profiles: When a faculty member's email address is clicked on in their profile on their home page, the user can be sent to a standard email form that asks for the sender's email address, subject line, and message body.
Note that CAPTCHA will be forced when the Email Form is used.
- Add Group: Add a staff group. See the Add Group section below for more information about adding groups.
- Back to Staff Groups: Return to the main Staff Groups page.
- Show # Entries: By default, 10 staff groups will display on each page. You can update this to display 10, 25, 50, or 100 staff groups per page.
- Search: Use the search area to search for a staff group.
- Group: Displays the name of the staff group.
- Users: Displays the number of users in the staff group.
- Edit: Make changes to the group name or users within the group. See the Add Group section below for more information about the Group settings.
- Delete: Delete the staff group.
Note that deleting a group will not delete or change user permissions in the Users Database.
In the Staff Groups table, you can sort by columns by selecting the header. The sort arrows () indicate which columns you can use to sort information.
- Enter the name of the group.
Note that the name will be visible on your site within the Faculty List From Faculty Database tool search option for filtering.
- Add/Remove users to the group.
Note that users can add/removed to groups here or updated individually in the Users Database on the CMS4Schools tab.
Note that users that aren't in a Staff Group will not be synced to your App Staff Directory.
Add text that will display at the bottom of each staff site home page.
The text will display after the page content and before the date modified information (if applicable).
Add links that will display at the end of the navigation on each staff site.
The links will display in the navigation for all staff sites.