The Embed Audio/Video tool is a main body tool designed to work in conjunction with the Video Library and video services such as Eduvision and Youtube to embed information on a page. If you plan on regularly display videos on your website, we recommend subscribing to EduVision which integrates with the Video Library.
View the Page Content article to learn more about adding a tool and general tool settings.
You can upload video to your CMS4Schools Video Library or to a video service like SchoolTube, TeacherTube, Vimeo, or YouTube. Once you have video in one of these locations, you can choose one of three options:
- Select video from the Video Library
- Paste embed code from a third-party
- Provide a website address and define the dimensions for the video
To use this option, you will first have to add your video to the Video Library.
After selecting the Video Library radio button, select your
- desired video, and
- video size.
- Embed Code: Obtain the embed code for the object and paste it into the area provided. Embed codes are available from the video service websites, i.e. SchoolTube, TeacherTube, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
- Still Image Web Address: You can provide a URL for a still image.
Note: If you add a still image address you must also fill out the Still Image Width and Still Image Height fields.
- Image Width/Height: Enter the width and height for the still image.
- File Type: Select either Audio or Visual for the file type you are embedding.
- Video Width/Height: Enter the width and height for the video
- Video Web Address: Enter the Web Address for the video
- Auto Play: The No (default) option will allow the user to press the play button to start playing the video. The Yes option will play the clip automatically after loading the page.
- Still Image Web Address: A still image for the file can be added by entering the URL into the area provided.
- Edit: This opens the Edit Embed Audio/Video screen. You can update the selected video options and/or content that displays in the tool.
- Video Library: This opens the Video Library.
Expand to view the embedded content that will display in this tool.
Audio/Video Embed Codes
Youtube Embed Code
In Youtube, select Share under and to the left of the desired video.
In the window that opens, select Embed.
- Update Embed Options as desired.
- Copy the Embed Video iframe code and paste the embed code into the Embed/Audio Visual tool.
Google Drive Embed Code
In the file, select ⋮ (vertical ellipsis) and then select Embed Item.
Copy the Embed item iframe code and paste the embed code into the Embed/Audio Visual tool.
Note: The file should not be edited/moved/deleted while using the embed code on the website.
PodBean Embed Code
Within the podcast, select Share.
In the window select the Embed option on the top. The information displayed in this window between the embed code and the more options will be what shows on your site.
Copy the Embed iframe code and paste the embed code into the Embed/Audio Visual tool.