A useful feature of CMS4Schools Calendar Module is its ability to sync events from your Google Calendar. The events will be synced to your Calendar Module and can be displayed on your site using the Calendar of Events tool, Upcoming Events tool, and Mini Calendar tool.
- Create a Google Calendar and add events.
- Set the Google Calendar as Public.
- Connect the Google Calendar to your CMS4Schools Calendar Module.
- Add the Google Calendar events to display in a CMS4Schools Calendar Category.
Create a Google Account
Within the Google Calendar, add events.
Set Google Calendar as Public
Make sure this calendar is set up as a Public Calendar. This is critical to the success of the import.
- In the top right of the calendar, click Settings Settings.
- Click the name of the calendar you want to share.
- Open Access permissions.
- Check the box next to "Make available to public" with the option to View All Events.
Google Calendar Integration
- Connect Google Calendar: Jump to the Connect Calendars section on the page.
- Manage Google Calendars: Jump to the Manage Calendars section on the page.
- Live Update: Open the Live Update section on the page.
- Event Categories: See the Calendar: Categories article for more information about calendar categories.
- Calendar Module: Return to the Calendar Module.
- Select Calendars: Select or unselect all calendars.
- Delete Selected Calendars: Delete any selected calendars to remove the sync of events from rSchoolToday to the Calendar Module.
- Select: Select a calendar(s) and use the Delete Selected Calendars to delete the calendar(s).
- Google Calendar Name: Displays the name of the connected Google Calendar.
- Events: The number of events that are syncing from the Google Calendar.
- CMS4Schools Event Category: The event category that the Google Calendar events will display in. Note that if this is set to "None" the events will no display on the Calendar Module or website.
Connect to my Google Account: Select to log in to your desired Google Account.
Import Google Calendars: Add desired calendars and select import events to establish a connection from the Google Calendar to your Calendar Admin.
After connecting the Google Calendar, the calendar will appear in the Manage Calendars section. To have the events display on your Calendar Module and website, add the Google Calendar events to display in a calendar category. See the Assign Google Calendar to Calendar Category section below for more information.
Assign Google Calendar to Calendar Category
See the Calendar: Categories article for information about access and creating a category.
Turn on the option to Integrate with Google Calendar, then select which calendars you would like to appear in the event category.
Google Calendars will automatically sync overnight, but you can force a sync by running a live update.
In the Google Calendar Integration Actions, select Live Update to open the Run a Live Update option. Select Update Events to run the live update.
The date range is automatically captured from 3 months in the past, to 18 months into the future from today's date.