The profiles tool is a Main Body tool that can be used to display profiles for people not in your Users Database or for other creative uses such as featuring a book for "Battle of the Books". This tool can be used any place you would like to display pictures with a description and possibly an email link in a profile format.
See the Faculty List from the Faculty Database tool article to set up a directory that pulls user information from the Users Database.
Edit Tool Properties
Names Listed On Right, Click to Read More: Visitors will need to select the profile to view additional information.
Update the Heading on the Right field to the text that you would like to display above the profiles.
- All Names and Their Information are Listed: All profiles and their content will be displayed on the page.
- Names Listed On Right, Click to Read More: Visitors will need to select the profile to view additional information.
- Protect Email: Turn on to use CAPTCHA to require users to match text to a graphic. This will help protect email addresses from spammers and email harvesting.
- Add Profile: Choose to add a profile to the tool. See the Add Profile section below for more information.
- Edit Properties: This opens the Edit Profiles screen. You can update the information seen in the Edit Tool section above.
- Name: Displays the name for the profile
- Title: Displays the title for each profile
- Photo: Displays the photo for each profile
- Edit: Select to edit the information in the profile. See the Add Profile section below for more information about updating the content within a profile.
- Delete: Delete the selected profile.
- Position After: Controls the order of the item added to the tool. By default, the new item will be added to the top of the tool.
- Name: Enter the name for the profile
- Title (Optional): Enter the title for this profile
- Email (Optional): Enter the email address for this profile
- Photo: Drag and drop an image file or select to browse for an image on your device.
- Short Description: This is a text editor where you can enter a short description for the profile. See the Text Editor article for more information about adding content within the text editor.
- Full Profile: This is a text editor where you can center additional profile information for the profile. See the Text Editor article for more information about adding content within the text editor.