The profiles tool is a Main Body tool that can be used to display profiles for people not in your Users Database or for other creative uses such as featuring a book for "Battle of the Books". This tool can be used any place you would like to display pictures with a description and possibly an email link in a profile format.
See the Faculty List from the Faculty Database tool article to set up a directory that pulls user information from the Users Database.
Edit Tool Properties
Names Listed On Right, Click to Read More: Visitors will need to select the profile to view additional information.
Update the Heading on the Right field to the text that you would like to display above the profiles.
- All Names and Their Information are Listed: All profiles and their content will be displayed on the page.
- Names Listed On Right, Click to Read More: Visitors will need to select the profile to view additional information.
- Protect Email: Turn on to use CAPTCHA to require users to match text to a graphic. This will help protect email addresses from spammers and email harvesting.
- Add Profile: Choose to add a profile to the tool. See the Add Profile section below for more information.
- Edit Properties: This opens the Edit Profiles screen. You can update the information seen in the Edit Tool section above.
- Name: Displays the name for the profile
- Title: Displays the title for each profile
- Photo: Displays the photo for each profile
- Edit: Select to edit the information in the profile. See the Add Profile section below for more information about updating the content within a profile.
- Delete: Delete the selected profile.
- Position After: Controls the order of the item added to the tool. By default, the new item will be added to the top of the tool.
- Name: Enter the name for the profile
- Title (Optional): Enter the title for this profile
- Email (Optional): Enter the email address for this profile
- Photo: Drag and drop an image file or select to browse for an image on your device.
- Short Description: This is a text editor where you can enter a short description for the profile. See the Text Editor article for more information about adding content within the text editor.
- Full Profile: This is a text editor where you can center additional profile information for the profile. See the Text Editor article for more information about adding content within the text editor.
Profiles Tool Display
Names Listed On Right