Before importing courses, set up your Departments and Programs. After your Departments and Programs of Study are set up, you can build an import file to add/update/delete courses within your Course Catalog.
Note that if you are updating existing courses, you may want to export courses to use as a starting point for a new import file knowing that the correct headers were created.
Create Import File
Before importing courses, follow these instructions to generate an import file. Make a copy of the ACP Course Import Template Google Sheet or if you already have courses in your library, Export Courses to generate a file that contains your current course information.
*Indicates required fields for a course
- *Column A - course_number: Enter the Course Number (max 255 characters)
- *Column B - course_name: Enter the Course Name (max 255 characters)
- Column C - course_description: Enter the Course Description
- Column D - course_type: Enter the Course Type (max 255 characters)
- Column E - credit_type: Enter the Credit Type (max 255 characters)
- Column F - required_course: Enter 0 if the course is not required (no). Enter 1 if the course is required (yes)
- *Column G - department: Enter the course's department
Note: The department will need to match the names of a department in your Departments to be able to import courses.
- Column H - employment_type: Enter the Employment Type (max 255 characters)
- Column I - pathway_id: Enter the Pathway ID
Note: The ACP Course Import Template Google Sheet has a Pathway IDs field that you can use to identify the ID for each primary pathway.
- Column J - program_of_study: Enter the course's program code
Note: The program code will need to match the code of a program in your Programs to be able to import courses.
- Column K - college_credit: Enter 0 if the course doesn't offer college credit (no). Enter 1 if the course does offer college credit (yes)
- Column L - certification_available: Enter 0 if the course doesn't offer a certification (no). Enter 1 if the course does offer a certification (yes)
- Column M - laude: Enter 0 if the course isn't part of your laude program (no). Enter 1 if the course is part of your laude program (yes)
- Column N - dual_credit: Enter 0 if the course doesn't offer dual credit (no). Enter 1 if the course does offer dual credit (yes)
- Column O - accrediting_college_credit_institution: If the course offers college credit, enter the name of the accrediting college/university (max 255 characters)
- Column P - course_sequence_level: Enter the course prerequisite (max 255 characters)
- *Column Q - suggested_grade_level: Enter the suggested grade levels separated by a comma. For example, 9,10,11,12
- Column R - school_year: Enter the school year that the course will next be available. This must be a two-digit year. Example: 2021 would be 21 identified by the year that the school year finishes in.
- Column S - isactive: Enter 0 if the course isn't active (no). Enter 1 if the course is active (yes) and should display on your ACP site
After adding your course information in your Google Sheet, under File select Download > Tab-separated values (.tsv, current sheet) to download the file.
- Choose your .tsv course import file
- Select if you would like to replace existing course data or update current course information
- Replace Data: Replace all course data with this file. Warning: Existing course data will be deleted!
- Update Data: Update existing Course data with matching Course Numbers in the uploaded file. Keep existing Courses that aren't included in the uploaded file as is.
Select Upload Course File to complete the import.