Many districts require multiple levels of approval when an I-form is submitted. For example, an I-form can be created as a Request for Leave where more than one person or group is required to approve or reject it. This help document will describe how to set up an I-form with multiple levels of approval.
Permissions to create Resources are granted within a user's account. If the links shown below are not visible, contact your 4Schools administrator to provide access.
Creating the I-form
From the Resource Library dropdown menu, choose the category then the subcategory this new resource should be attached to. In the above example, this I-form will be in the Human Resource category and Time-off Request subcategory.
Click the button to +Add Resource.
- The Resource Title should describe the purpose of the form.
- A short description is available but is not required.
- Where should this new resource be positioned in relation to other resources in the subcategory?
- What type of resource is it to be? Since this document is describing approvals levels, it will be an I-form.
Levels of Approval
When the radio button is selected for an I-form, the above screen displays.
- Enter an I-form Title
- Enter the email address(es) of any individuals you wish to receive an email when this form has been submitted. Submitted I-Forms will automatically get sent to the individuals involved in the approval process. Enter an email address in this field only if you want each I-Form submitted to ALSO go to the address(es) entered.
- Choose the individual(s) or group(s) responsible for approving this request. Once Level 1 has approved the request, an email is sent to Level 2 for their decision, etc. If the form is rejected, no further action is taken and the submitter is informed.
- Enter the email address(es) of any individuals you wish to notify when the approval process has been completed. An email will automatically get sent back to the submitter of the I-Form when the end of the approval routing process had been reached or when it is rejected.
- If a message is to be included with the email going to the submitter, enter it here. Something like, "Your request has been received and is being processed."
- Check if the resource is active and should be made available to users.
- Click to Add the new Resource.
Adding Items to the I-form
To begin adding items to your I-form, click I-Form Items.
To add an item to the form, click +Add Item.
Choose between the six items available. They include:
- Text - Displays as simply a label and no input is required from the user.
- Label & Text Box - Displays a small amount of text (label) and an area where the user may enter information.
- Label & Text Area - Similar to the text box, but the text area is a larger amount of space where text may be entered by the user.
- Label & Radio Buttons - The user may choose one radio button option.
- Label & Check Boxes - The user may check as many options as desired.
- Drop Down / List Box - The user chooses an item or items from a dropdown list.
The resource will display as shown above. Once the form is completed and submitted, it begins the approval process as outlined when it was created. Emails are generated throughout the process, informing approvers if they have forms waiting for their attention. An email is sent to the submitter when the form has been approved or denied as well as any others indicated in the form.