In your Dashboard, the News | Settings | Voice Dial, Text and Email option can be used to send notifications via voice call, email, and SMS text to your preset school info system lists.
Note: See the Touch+ Lists article for more information about setting up your lists.
Access Voice Dial, Text and Email
Under News, select Settings. In News Settings, select Voice Dial, Text & Email.
Create new Message
Select the Checkbox to be able to select the list(s) you would like to send a message to.
Use the checkbox to select the list you would like to create a message for. In the Menu, select "Create a new message".
The Create Message interface allows you to add, edit, and preview the message defined for the list. The message can be configured as Recorded Voice, Text-to-Speech, E-mail, and SMS Text.
Message Name: Enter a name for your message.
Choose the type of message to send.
Voice Call: Select to send a message to the phone numbers of your contacts in the list.
- Recorded Voice: Create a recorded voice message using your phone.
- Text-to-Speech: Enter a message and have the computer synthesize the message.
- Multi-part Message: Allows you to create a message in using different parts and include specific information such as names and dates.
- Email: Allows you to create a message that will be delivered by e-mail.
- Texting: Allows you to create a message that you want to be delivered to cell phones’ text messaging service.
- Social Media: Select to send the message to connected social media accounts.
- Translate Email/Texts To Contact's Language: Translates the message to the language indicated in the School Information System for each contact.
- Voice Call: Select to send a message to the phone numbers of your contacts in the list.
Record your audio message.
System calls your phone
- Phone number: Allows you to enter the phone number you want to record your message from. For optimal recording quality, it is recommended to use a home phone or school phone rather than a cell phone.
- Ext.: Allows you to enter an extension number if the phone number you will be using to record the message is answered by an Automated Attendant that prompts callers to enter extensions. If you don’t have an extension or use an Automated Attendant, then don’t select this option. Also don’t select this option if you are using a home or cell phone.
- Record Message: Upon pressing this button, the system will call the phone number you have specified so you can record your message. Upon answering the phone, you will be given directions on how to record and save your message.
You dial into a toll-free number.
- Upon selecting this option, you will given directions to call into a toll-free number instead of having the system call your number. By calling into the toll-free number, you can use any phone.
- System calls your phone
- Item #3 changes based upon if you select recorded voice or text-to-speech. If you select recorded voice, the text box can be used like a notepad so that you can write out what you what to say before recording your message.
If you select text-to-speech, the text box provides a place for you to type the message that you want the computer to synthesize. The text box is also used for e-mail and SMS text.
- Preview: Allows to you preview your message before sending.
Settings and Options
- Pre-Scheduled: Schedule the message to send at a future date and time.
- Load Earlier Messages: Prior messages are stored by the server so you can select previously used messages rather than creating a new message of the same content.
- Apply Contact Options: Allows you to further filter contacts in a list.
- Phone Call Settings: Set the Number of Retries, Minutes between Retries, Dial Speed, Caller ID Number, and which phones to call for each contact.
- Email Settings: Set the Email subject, display name, and from email address.
- Text Settings: Choose which phones to text for each contact.
- Save or deliver this message: Gives you the options to "Send Message Now", "Save and Close", "Save and Stay Here" or "Cancel".