The Calendar section of Calendar4Schools is where you can add, edit or delete events. Filters may be used to limit the display to include specific building events or events belonging to specific categories.
Within Calendar4Schools, select the Calendars link in the top navigation.
- Buildings: Filter events by the building/facility selected for the event.
- Categories: Filter events by calendar category and/or subcategories for the event.
Note: These three are defined in the Toolbox section. A building name will not display in the filter area until at least one event has been added to the calendar that has a building/facility attached.
Set a filter by checking the desired checkbox or combination of checkboxes and then select the Filter button.
- Use the Clear link to remove filter choices.
- Mini Calendar: Use to navigate to a specific month and/or day.
- Week/Month View: Select Week or Month for the corresponding calendar view.
- Go to today: Select to return to a view that contains today.
- Use the arrows to navigation forward and backward in the calendar.
- Link Icon: Select to view the calendar link.
- RSS Icon: Select to create an RSS Url to add to an RSS feed. You can also view the RSS feed from this link.
- iCal Icon: Select to create an iCal URL to be able to add events to any calendar that has the ability to be added via an iCal URL.
- Print/PDF: Print or save a calendar.
- View: Switch between a month/week view and a list view.
- Add Event: Select a date to add a new event to the calendar.
- Edit Event: Select an event to edit an event.
Note: If the event is added to the calendar via athletic software integration, you will only be able to view the event. All events should be edited at the source of the event.
Add an Event
- *Event Title: This is the text that will display in the calendar. Required
- *Category: Select the Category from the drop-down list to which the event will belong.
- *Subcategory: If a subcategory exists that is appropriate to the event, it should be selected to allow the filtering
- *Date: This field is populated by the date you clicked on to create the event. However, it is possible to change the date here if you realize you have chosen the incorrect date for the event. Click into the box next to the displayed date and a mini calendar will open. Select the desired date form the mini calendar.
- Time: Use the time picker to easily select the start and end times. Start by clicking inside the box, then picking AM or PM, then the hour and then the minute. The next level expands to become visible as a choice is made in the current level. You may also key in the time instead of using the “time picker.” Optional
- Description: Use the text editor to add a description of the event. If pasting text from another source, copy the text and paste onto the plain text clipboard, using the icon. This will remove any formatting that an application such as Word or any HTML code that will prevent the text from displaying correctly. Use the text editor options to add in any formatting desired. This description will show when the event is opened by a viewer, not directly in the calendar.
- Location(s): Choose a location where the event will occur. If a location is added that has an address recorded in the locations list, a Google map will be available by clicking on the Map link next to the location name when the viewer opens the event. If needed, more than one location may be added to an event. Click on the Attach Another Location link.
- Facility Use: Selecting the “Yes, a facility is required” radio button expands the current window to include fields for building, facility, facility notes, and begin and end time.
- Choose a building
- Choose the facility in the building where the event will occur. Click on the Check Usage link to see if the facility has already been booked.
- Enter Facility Notes as needed.
- Enter Begin and End time as needed.
- Additional facilities may be added to the same event by clicking on the link Attach Another Facility.
- Resource Use: Selecting the “Yes, a resource is required” radio button to include fields building, resource, resource notes, and begin and end time. Additional resources may be added to the same event by clicking on the link Attach Another Resource.
- Choose the building
- Choose the resource. Click on the Check Usage link to see if the facility has already been booked.
- Enter Resource Notes as needed.
- Enter the begin and end times for the use of the resource.
- If more than one resource is required, click on the link Attach Another Resource and repeat the process.
- Attachments: To add attachments, browse to the file, is stored and select it. Be sure to add a title for your attachment in the box to the right of the Choose File button. You may add as many attachments as are needed by repeating the process using the Add Another Attachment link.
- Departure: Enter information related to departure as needed.
- Recurrence: Recurring events can be entered once and by choosing the appropriate recurrence pattern for the dates, all dates on which the event occurs can be entered at one time. Choices are None, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Select Your Dates. Daily, Weekly and Monthly require you to select an end date. The event will reoccur until the end date is reached. Select Your Dates can be used when there is no pattern to the dates on which the events take place. You may enter the dates manually or use the mini calendar to pick the dates.
- Allow RSVPs: Check the box if you wish to let visitors to your calendar RSVP for an event. If you choose this option then enter one or more email addresses to which the RSVPs should be sent. See the Visitor RSVP section below for more information about the RSVP Process.
Click on the Add button to place the event into the calendar. Viewers and Admins will be able to click on the event title in the calendar body to see event details. An Admin can click on the pencil icon to edit the event details or delete the event.
The Check Usage screen is shown above. If nothing is scheduled, the table will not show and the message “No Setups Found” will display under the date fields. You may change the dates and do a search for a time when the facility is free.
Viewers and Admins will be able to click on the event title in the calendar body to see event details. An Admin can click on the pencil icon to edit the event details or delete the event.
In the event details, there is a Click here to RSVP link that visitors can select.
In RSVP step 1 of 2, the visitor can enter their name, phone number, and the number of attendees.
In RSVP step 2 of 2, the visitor can enter their email as well as information for the other attendees.
Delete an Event
Deleting an Event:
Click the pencil icon in front of the event title.
If the event is a non-recurring event, click the Delete button and confirm that the event should be deleted.
If the event is a recurring event:
Scroll to the bottom of the Update Event window.
Check the dates of the event that you want to delete (use the Check All link to check all of the dates at one time.)
Click the Delete button and confirm that the event(s) should be deleted.
This video segment contains step by step instructions on how to use the Calendars section of Calendar4Schools.