Resources are usually smaller items that may need to be moved to a facility or signed out when they are needed; like computers, projectors, athletic equipment, and so on. This forum will focus on adding resources.
- When you select Resources from the Toolbox dropdown list you will be able to add resources to each building.
- Choose a building from the drop down list.
- Click on + ADD RESOURCE.
- Key in the name of the Resource.
- Choose whether or not to allow double booking when the resource is reserved.
- Click the Add button.
- You will be able to see how many events are attached to each resource in the Events column.
- The Dropdown Position column will let you move a resource to a different position in the list by simply clicking on the up or down arrow as desired. Use these arrows if you desire to have a specific grouping of resources.
- Use the SORT ALPHABETICALLY link near the top right if the entire list should be sorted in alphabetical order.
- Click the pencil icon in the Edit column to edit the resource name, or to change the double booking setting.
- A resource can be deleted when the garbage can icon appears in the Delete column. Note that a resource with events attached can still be deleted but one with a signup sheet attached cannot. The reasoning for this is, if a resource was in use in the past and was attached to 100 events over the past 3 years, it would be a huge pain to have to visit all 100 events to remove that resource from those events. That's why we allow a facility to be deleted even if it's attached to at least 1 event - with an in-your-face warning message of course. But signup sheets are a bit different. The assigning of resource to a signup sheet is not a repetitive task. There is a lot of historical data involved - but it's at the reservation level. Changing what a signup sheet is attached to doesn't change any of its reservations. A resource might have several different signup sheets attached to it, but if that resource ever needed to be deleted for some reason, it wouldn't take very long to visit each signup sheet that is attached to it and reassign a different asset to it. Once complete, the resource can then be deleted.
This video segment contains step by step instructions on how to manage the Buildings, Facilities and Resources databases in the Toolbox section of Calendar4Schools.