With the create a subset list action, you can create partial lists from a master list based on filtered criteria. For example, a school may want to create subset lists based upon grade level. The Subset List is automatically updated every time the Source List changes.
Note: The master list and contacts must contain the criteria before a filter can be configured.
- New List Name: Assigns a name to a list. It is recommended that you use a different name for each of your lists. You may want to include in the name what the list is being used for so it is easy to identify later. When adding a list or changing the list name, the Voice Dial, Text & Email Lists will be updated automatically.
- Keep linked to Master List: By default, this option is selected. This keeps the subset list linked (synchronized) to the master list from which it was created. As the master list updates, this option automatically updates the subset with the newest information from the master list.
- Derived list's enabled contact state matches the Source List: If checked, the derived 'linked' list's contact checkboxes revert to match the Source List every time the Source List changes.
- Choose filters to define a subset of list Source List. We recommend always selecting the Use dropdown list checkbox to display available information from your Source List. You will need to add at least one filter to be able to create the subset list.
- Decide how you would like to filter the subset list and select, Building, Grade, Language, Bus Route, etc from the first dropdown list.
- Choose the operator. Is equal to is selected by default as it is most commonly used. The other options include; Is less than or equal to, Is greater than or equal to, Is not equal to, contains, contains string, and does not contain.
- Enter the value to match upon. This can be any value from the source list.
Note: If the “Value to match” is non-numeric, then the value must match exactly otherwise the filter won’t match and the new subset list will most likely have zero contacts.
- Select the Add button to add the filter for the subset list.
Note: This example shows filters set to include all students in Grade 12 from the source list.
To finish the creation of the subset list, click the OK button at the bottom of the screen. Upon clicking the OK button, the list will be automatically created and filled in based upon the filtered criteria defined and will appear on the Voice Dial, Text & Email Lists.
Note: Once a subset list is created, the filters can't be adjusted. If adjustments need to be made to the subset list, then delete the subset list from the Voice Dial, Text & Email Lists page (do not delete the master list) and then re-create the subset list.
Note: Manual changes to the subset list will be over-written as the master list updates.