Use the Import a contact list interface to upload the contact information for the people you want to send a message. Importing a contact list is a quick way to multiple contacts to a list rather than adding them one by one.
Note: It is important that the format of the data in the file is consistent from row to row. All phone numbers and names should be formatted the same, and in the same column, etc. You can download an import example at the bottom of this article.
You can access the Import/Export contacts screen by selecting Import/Export contacts from the main dropdown
or you can access the List Details and choose to Import Contacts.
The import file should be a comma-separated (.csv) text file or Excel (.xls, .xlsx) file where each line contains a name, phone numbers, emails, and other relevant information.
- File to Import: Allows you to type or browse to the location of your CSV or text file that contains the contacts you want to upload.
- Choose File: Clicking this button uploads your file so you can preview the information to make sure the contact data is in the correct field.
- Clear list before import: With this option selected, all contacts previously saved will be removed and only the contacts from the most recent import will comprise the list. If you want to keep the existing contacts and add new ones, then uncheck this option.
- Replace only entries found with matching Contact ID: With this option selected, all contacts with a matching ID will be updated to the information provided in the import file. New contacts will be added.
- Keep old settings for updated contacts (keep unchecked if adding new contacts).
- Import File: After selecting the checkboxes for your settings, select to import your file. This will import your file and allow you to make sure the correct data will be imported to the correct field.
For example, you would want to make sure the phone numbers are in the phone number field, contact names are in the name field, and the contact ID is in the ID field. If the data is not in the correct field, you can adjust your field mappings using the drop-down choices.
- Use the drop down boxes below to adjust and confirm your data mapping.
- Accept and Proceed: Once you have successfully uploaded your import file and reviewed the mapping, click the “Accept and Proceed” button to save your import. Once saved, you will be returned to the List Details page.
Select Cancel to cancel all actions and return to the List Details page.
- On the Import/Export screen choose Export Contacts.
- Select if you would like to export voice and text options with each phone number (ex. Phone 1, Phone 2, Phone 3.)
- Select Export File to export a .csv file of your list contacts.
Select Close to return to the List Details page.