Starting on December 8th 2020, the App Store started helping users understand an app’s privacy practices before they download the app on any Apple platform. On each app’s product page, users can learn about some of the data types the app may collect, and whether that data is linked to them or used to track them.
This information is required to submit new apps and app updates to the App Store and can only be provided by Account Holders or Admins.
With this change, there are two options to allow our team to keep your app up-to-date and functioning properly.
- Update our user in the Apple Developer Account to the Admin role. Once our role is changed, we will take it from there.
- Alternatively, you can fill out the App Privacy details. This will need to be done once per app. If you wish to fill out the App Privacy details, the instructions are below.
App Privacy Details
Add data types
- Sign in to AppStoreConnect with a user who has the Account Holder or the Admin role.
- From My Apps, select the app you want to view. The page opens with the App Store tab selected.
- In the sidebar, select App Privacy.
- On the right, click Get Started.
- Select "Yes, we collect data from this app" and click Next.
- If your app has Secured Access, check Name and Email Address under Contact Info and Device ID under Identifiers.
- If your app doesn't have Secured Access, check Device ID under Identifiers.
- Click Save.
- The different data types will appear below the Data Types section.
Set up data types
For each data type you checked, repeat the following steps.
- Click into the data type.
- Check App Functionality and click Next.
- If your app has Secured Access, select "Yes, names collected from this app are linked to the user’s identity".
- If your app doesn't have Secured Access, select "No, names collected from this app are not linked to the user’s identity".
- Click Next.
- Select "No, we do not use names for tracking purposes".
- Click Save.
After you have finished answering the questions for each data type, you will see your summarized responses under each data type section.
Publish App Privacy
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Publish.
- Click Publish.