The File Uploads module is used to upload and hold Website files that you cannot upload through page detail tools such as the Resource/News tool. While it is possible to upload and link to video files from the File Uploads area, it is not recommended.
The file types that can be uploaded to your File Uploads area is controlled by the main website admin that has permissions to that setting. If a file type does not appear in the list of allowed file types, reach out to your website admin to have the file type allowed.
Accessing the File Uploads Module
Within the left navigation menu, select My File Uploads to access the module.
Files can be organized in folders. We recommend creating a folder structure that matches the organization of your pages on your site.
- New Folder: Add a new folder to the current location.
Note that the folder name will be part of the URL for any files added to the folder.
- Add File(s): Use the dropdown to choose how many files you would like to add. Select to add files.
Note that the file name will be included in the URL for the file.
- Location: Shows the location (URL) for the current location within file uploads.
- Shows the folders in the current location.
- Shows the files in the current location.
Before adding folders, navigate to the location in File Uploads where you would like the folder to be located.
Enter the desired folder name and select add.
Before adding files, navigate to the folder where you would like the file to be located.
To upload a file, choose the number of files you wish to upload from the drop-down list, then click the "+" icon above the words Add File(s).
Choose File to locate each file, then click Add.
Note: Before uploading files, we recommend ensuring that the file name is short and descriptive. We also recommend removing any spaces from the file name. If uploading a document, we recommend converting files to a universally readable file such as a PDF file before uploading.
Select any folder to access the folder and its contents. After accessing a folder, the location will indicate the folder you are in as well as the URL that will be used for any files added to the location.
Within the folder, you can add additional folders or add files as desired.
Select the back icon () above the location to move back/up one folder.
- Information icon: Selecting the information icon (small blue circle in the first column) will display the complete URL of this file making it easy to copy for use elsewhere.
- File Type: Displays the type of file (eg PDF, jpg, etc.).
- File Name: The name of the uploaded file plus its file extension. Select the file name link to open the file. You can also copy the URL from the file that opens in a new browser window.
- File Size: Indicates the size of the file.
- Date Uploaded: Includes date and time the file was added to File Uploads.
- Move: Enables the relocation of the files to another folder. When clicked a drop-down menu displays a list of folders available. If files are moved, the URL will be updated to match the new location and you must edit the URLs referencing the document within your website.
- Delete: Remove the file from your website. If you delete the file, be sure to remove any reference(s) to it on your pages.